About the Medical education unit
As per the MCI guidelines, Medical Education Unit (MEU) of Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Jalandhar was constituted under the chairmanship of Director Principal and senior faculty. The agenda of MEU is to run faculty development programs in order to improve the teaching skills of the faculty members in relation to curriculum development, instruction, evaluation, research & administration.
The prime focus is to conduct basic medical education technology workshops aiming at group dynamics, taxonomy, teaching learning methodology, assessment and micro teaching in a 3 day program.
The first workshop was held in October 2014 wherein 20 faculty members were trained at PIMS, Jalandhar under the observership of MCI nodal center by a core group of faculty members who had already undergone training at MCI Nodal center at CMC Ludhiana.
Objectives of MEU
- To develop new educational processes in Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences Jalandhar
- Provide insights into educational activities
- Ensure continuous quality improvement in medical education
- Sensitize faculty and students on the latest developments in the curriculum, research methodology, technology & teaching methods
- Help in the development of clinical skills lab and simulator lab for medical college
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation & Department||Role|
|1||Dr. Rajiv Arora||Director Principal||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. H. K. Cheema||Professor & Head, OBG||Coordinator|
|3||Dr. Tania Moudgil||Professor, Ophthalmology||Co-Coordinator|
|4||Dr. Avjot K. Miglani||Professor & Head, Physiology||Member|
|5||Dr. Sheevani||Professor, Microbiology||Member|
|6||Dr. Parwinder Kaur||Professor, Pathology||Member|
|7||Dr. Puneet Khurana||Professor, Forensic Medicine||Member|
|8||Dr. Shalini Salwan||Professor, Pharmacology||Member|
|9||Dr. Megha Sood||Professor, Pharmacology||Member|
|10||Dr. Barinder Kaur||Associate Professor, Ophthalmology||Member|